Last year I hit an all time record high of 41 books in 2014. 2015 I only read 24. I think I started more books and quit than ever before. About half the books on this list I did not get into at all. It was not a great year for reading…that is for sure.
I did complete the Harry Potter series and the Hunger Games series–both which I have enjoyed. I am not nor will I ever be a die hard fan who reads them over and over. But I do appreciate them.
But 2016 looks better. For starters, I am overseeing an on line book club which will force me to read a variety of books. I am really excited about this.
My top 3 of 2015 would be: Still Life by Christa Parrish, Crazy Busy by Kevin De Young, and the Almost True Story of Rob Stennett.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling
- Breaking Walls by Tracie Puckett
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Still Life by Christa Parrish
- The Almost True Story of Ryan Fisher by Rob Stennett
- Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
- Wish by Jake Smith
- Crazy Busy by Kevin De Young
- Joni and Ken by Ken Tada and Joni Eareckson Tada
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Eat, Move, Sleep by Tom Rath
- Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
- A Stolen Life by Jaycee Duggard
- Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton
- A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington
- Through the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliott
- Facing the Schoolyard Bully by Kim Zarzour
- It’s Not About Perfect by Shannon Miller